Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Of course we are familiar, if not virtually unfamiliar with banana. Although the price is cheap and easily obtainable, but a lot of benefits. That is why in the article titled Benefits Bananas is my intention to summarize it in the hope of benefit to all.
Based on how the consumption of fruit, bananas are grouped into two classes, namely table banana (dessert banana) and a banana if (plantain, cooking banana). Bananas consumed in the form of fresh table after the ripe fruit, like bananas, milk, king, a thousand, and sunripe. Processed bananas consumed after being fried, boiled, baked, or dikolak, such as bananas kepok, siam, cotton, horn, and uli.
Banana fruit is processed into various products, such as sale, cakes, or wine (in Latin America).
In addition to nutrients contributed higher than apples, bananas can also provide energy reserves quickly if needed. Including the brain when experiencing fatigue. Various kinds of snacks from the bananas that are relatively popular among others, from Lampung banana chips, banana Sale (Bandung), Pisang Molen (Bogor), and EPE (Makassar).
Bananas have a very good nutrient content, among others, provides the energy is high enough compared to other fruits. Bananas are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium. Bananas also contain vitamins, namely C, B complex, B6, and serotonin is active as a neurotransmitter in the smooth functioning of the brain. (Source)
When summarized, the following is a list of properties / benefits of banana (Reference: kaskus.us, health.kompas.com, ramadan.okezone.com):
1. Women who are pregnant are encouraged to eat bananas, because they contain high folic acid is important for the perfection of the fetus, the formation of new cells and preventing birth defects occur.
2. For hard workers and are happy to exercise, bananas are very useful to restore stamina, energy to working muscles, and relieve fatigue.
3. Bananas also quickly neutralize gastric acidity. Banana mixed with milk is very good served as a drug. Bananas can be a remedy for intestinal diseases, stomach aches, and stomach acid.
4. Diabetics can deliver bananas as the main substitute for rice.
5. Patients with anemia are also encouraged friends with bananas, because in it there is the content of Fe (iron) is good for blood.
6. A group of students Dentists Department of Education, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, proving that the sap of the banana can accelerate the wound healing process.
7. For patients with liver, two bananas a day with the addition of one tablespoon of honey, it would be good to increase appetite and improve strong.
8. Especially for people with burns, you can use banana leaves as a treatment. Way, burned skin smeared with a mixture of ash leaves of banana and coconut oil. This mixture is able to cool the burned skin.
9. Bananas contain potassium, which is a vital mineral which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulate body water levels steady. When experiencing stress, your metabolism will increase dramatically, thereby reducing the body's potassium levels. With bananas, potassium levels in the body will be balanced.
10. In some countries, bananas are regarded as cooling foods that can lower the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure the baby is born with a cool temperature.
11. In an English school, 200 students able to complete the final exam with just a breakfast of bananas. They also often eat bananas during recess and lunch, because bananas can boost brain power.
In fact, researchers from the U.S. found that lectin, a chemical that is found in bananas could inhibit the progression of HIV infection in the body by blocking the entry of the virus.
"Lectin can bind to the sugars found in several places of the spread of HIV-1, and if the virus could mutate double is not far from the lectin," said Lead researcher, Michael Swanson of the University of Michigan, as quoted from dailymail.co.uk Wednesday (17 / 3) by republika.