Articles about health about kids Irritation on baby's skin is often the case, some conditions can lead to irritation, such as:
Use of synthetic diapers or plastic-coated long pants are not replaced, often cause direct irritation to the skin due to urine or feces that contain ammonia. Closing of the diaper area temperature or humidity increases in the folds of the buttocks further facilitate the absorption of these chemicals are irritants. When going over and over the protective skin will be damaged, thus facilitating the proliferation of fungi, such as Candida albicans.
In these areas, especially in the baby fat folds such as the neck, groin, elbow fold, when the accumulation of sweat is too long it will irritate baby's skin. Recurrent inflammation that occurs will also be exacerbated by the proliferation of fungi such as Candida albicans.
Infants with a family history of allergies will be more common complaints irritants, such fine scales in the scalp area due to use of air-shampoo cosmetics or hair-high pH that is too scented lotion. Can also encountered similar things in the chest, back, abdomen as a result of the use of heating oil or eucalyptus oil telon used constantly in hot climates.
Drought baby's skin caused by repeated use of soap containing antiseptic. Chronic inflammation due to contact irritants weak will affect the balance of the normal flora of the skin, resulting in reduced power skin's natural defenses.
A newborn who consumed cow's milk formula with high pH levels are sometimes found redness in the area around the anus.
How to treat it?
1. Most important thing is prevention, because when examined all the factors that cause irritation on baby's skin can be prevented. Generally, the new skin disorder occurs when there has been repeated exposure in a long time.
2. Avoid the use of temporary or disposable diapers, plastic-coated underwear during inflammation. Wear a thin cloth diaper soft material absorbs sweat. Wash the buttocks and surrounding areas every baby urinate or defecate for infants with mild soap, dry with a soft towel and gently pat do not rub harshly. Avoid powder as inflamed skin.
3. Crease the inflamed area is often compressed towel with a washcloth soaked in water, avoid the use of powder for a while. Regional folds are opened and aerated. When sweat wipe gently with a washcloth towel soaked in water, do not rub and then dried with a towel. Wear loose cotton clothing is thin and easy to absorb sweat.
4. Where the scaly skin can be given a special moisturizing cream baby after a bath. Do not shower with the water is too hot to linger. Use a special baby soap and shampoo. For the time being avoid using talcum powder or other cosmetic products for babies.
5. Do not apply ointments, creams or any oil on the inflamed area without consulting with your doctor first.
6. Noteworthy dalah prevention. Irritation on baby's skin is more often caused by weak irritants such as sweat, urine, feces, skin care products one uses, detergents, or liquid anriseptik and maybe we too have a part to expose. Sometimes the onset of irritation supported by suitable conditions for the onset of inflammatory factors such as humidity, heat, or friction closed